1. Before it gets too cold to venture outside, examine the grounds around your home. Check walkways for cracks and loose pavers. Fix all issues around your entryway now before slippery weather hits which can cause falling accidents.
2. Unpack and test all electrical holiday decorations, discard any that are not functioning properly.
3. Check the operation of all ground-fault circuit interrupter outlets by pushing the “test” button. The “reset” button should pop out at that time indicating the receptacle is operating properly.
4. Check inside of bathroom vanities and kitchen sink cabinets for any moisture or other signs of leaks.
5. Double check insulation around exterior pipes that are exposed to freezing weather to be certain that water cannot seep under the insulation.
6. Inspect the operation of automatic light timers and motion-detector systems, especially if you plan on traveling for the holidays.
Always remember safety first.
We at North Shore Homes wish you and your family a safe and Happy Holiday Season